This is has been one of the most stressful and busy few weeks for almost everyone I know. Either they’ve been sick or their family member is sick or they had a big event to organize or their child graduated from school or they’ve over committed themselves — I even have a friend who smashed up her car (thank goodness, she’s OK!)
This time has really challenged me, too, and forced me to ask myself what do I REALLY want from my life? Not what do I want to have or do, but what do I want to FEEL?
We’re All Looking for a Feeling
One of my teachers always used to remind us that we are feeling beings and we spend our lives either trying to have a feeling or avoid a feeling. And so we look for symbols like people, material possessions, titles, etc. to give us an excuse to feel those feelings. But, what if we were able to give ourselves a feeling?
What if we were able to call up the feeling that we are seeking from those external things and generate that inside of ourselves without any person, job, money, recognition, etc? If we could do that, then the feeling we are looking for would already be there– so there would be no need for us have that thing that we think we need so badly.
And not only that, but what we might notice is that we end up attracting either that thing that we wanted or something even more scrumptious because the feeling of it is already living inside of us.
“Easier said than done,” you say? Well, no better way to find out than to try it!
So Try this: Sit quietly somewhere and see if you can imagine with all of your senses whatever it is that you want– really feel it, and get specific.
Loving Your Ideal Lover
For example, if it’s a girlfriend or boyfriend that you want, then experience the person:
- What does it feel like to hold her/his hand – is it labor-worn or soft and well-manicured?
- What does she or he smell like?
- What kinds of clothes is she or he wearing? How do the feel when you touch them?
- What does it taste like to kiss her/him?
- How does your heart feeling walking down the street knowing that she/he is with you?
- What color eyes does she/he have?
- What kind of expression does she/he make when looking at you?
- What does it feel like to hold her/him?
- What does his/her voice sound like when she/he whispers your name?
Living Your Ideal Job
Here’s another example: if you’re not satisfied with the work you’re doing, then internally create your ideal work environment:
- What kinds of fun and rewarding daily tasks are you performing?
- What do the supportive people look like whom you work with?
- What does your office or workspace smell like? Maybe your co-worker just brought a yummy and healthy pie for you to eat!
- How does it feel to be earning the income you deserve?
- How does your body feel going to bed at night after a wonderful day in this ideal environment?
- What do the happy voices of the people you work with or the people you’re serving sound like?
Feel the satisfaction in your heart.
These are just a couple of examples. Feel free to try your own and share them with us.
I want to know how this goes for you. So please share in the comments section about your experiences.